Economics and Mathematics Teacher
St. Stephen’s International School Bangkok campus is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified, dynamic and enthusiastic Economics and Mathematics teacher at our Bangkok Campus for August 2018.
Economics is a popular subject at IGCSE level and the intention is to introduce A Level Economics in 2018. In Key Stage 3 the Mathematics Department follows the International Middle Years Curriculum. All students study Mathematics up to IGCSE Level and are set according to ability. Mathematics is a very popular A Level subject as is Further Mathematics for the most able students. All public examination courses are provided by Cambridge International Examinations.
It is essential to:
- Be experienced in teaching within Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
- Be a native English speaker
- Be appropriately qualified (e.g. B.Ed. or a first degree and a PGCE)
- Provide three professional referees, one of whom must be your current Principal
It is desirable to have experience of:
- Teaching the IMYC / (I)GCSE / A Level
- Working with children for whom English is not their first language
- Working with children and parents whose cultural background is different from your own
- Working in the international sector
St. Stephen’s, Bangkok, is located in the north of Bangkok, close to Don Muang airport and the world famous Chatuchak market. The school is two-form entry and caters for all ages from Nursery to Year 13.
We encourage all interested candidates to apply to the Principal, Mr. John Rolfe, by email, firstname.lastname@example.org , with their CV, a letter of application, contact details of three professional referees (one of whom must be their current Principal) and a recent photograph.
Please note that St. Stephen’s International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including a criminal record disclosure and other standard pre‐employment safeguarding checks.
Successful candidates for teaching posts will normally be offered a two-year contract, renewable by mutual agreement.
Interviews will be held in Bangkok or by Skype.