Teacher of A level Chemistry (For immediate start)
St. Stephen’s International School is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified, dynamic and enthusiastic Chemistry teacher at our Bangkok Campus for two terms from January 2018.
All students study general Science in Key Stage 3, following the International Middle Years Curriculum to which all members of the Science department are expected to contribute. Chemistry is a popular optional subject at both IGCSE and A Level with several students progressing to related university courses every year. All teachers in the Secondary School are expected to be able to teach up to A Level. All public examination courses are provided by Cambridge International Examinations.
It is essential to:
- Be experienced in teaching within Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
- Be a native English speaker
- Be appropriately qualified (e.g. BEd or a first degree and a PGCE)
- Provide three professional referees, one of whom must be your current Principal
It is desirable to have experience of:
- Teaching the IPC / IMYC / (I)GCSE / A Level
- Working with children whose English is not their first language
- Working with children and parents whose cultural background is different from your own
- Working in the international sector
St. Stephen’s Bangkok is located in the mid northern suburbs of the vibrant city of Bangkok, about mid-way between the city centre and Don Muang Airport, in the Ratchayothin area of Chatuchak district. The school caters for all ages from Nursery to Year 13 and is two form entry.
We encourage all interested candidates to apply to the Principal, Mr. John Rolfe, via email, with their CV, a letter of application, contact details of three professional referees (one of whom must be your current, or most recent, Principal) and a recent photograph.
Please note that St. Stephen’s International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including an enhanced criminal record disclosure and other standard pre‐employment safeguarding checks.
All applications should be sent to: email@example.com